Free Fishing Day In Wyoming June 3rd
Whether you have a license or not, everyone can fish on statewide Free Fishing Day on Saturday, June 3, 2017, according to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. Free fishing day was authorized by the Wyoming Legislature in 2003 and is held in conjunction with National Fishing and Boating Week. It applies to all waters in Wyoming except Yellowstone National Park and the Wind River Indian Reservation, special fishing licenses are required in those areas. Otherwise all fishing regulations still apply, including creel and size limits, fishing hours, and stream closures.
On Free Fishing Day and throughout the month, many Game and Fish Regional Offices are partnering with community organizations to help get folks out fishing through special events. Here are some that are currently scheduled:
- June 3, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.- Kids Fishing Day, Yesness Pond, Casper.
- June 3, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.- Summer Outdoor Slam, Curt Gowdy State Park, Laramie/Cheyenne
- June 3, 9 a.m.-12 noon -Fish with Wyoming Game and Fish. Sloan’s Lake, Cheyenne.
- June 3, 10:30 a.m.- Kids Fishing Day, Rendezvous Park, Wilson.
- June 3, 10 a.m.-Kids Fishing Day, CCC Ponds, Pinedale.
- June 3, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.-Kids Fishing Day. Beck Lake Recreation Area, Cody.
- June 10, 8 a.m.-12 noon-Kids Fishing Derby, Kemmerer Community Pond by the overpass, Kemmerer.
- June 10, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. - Kids Fishing Day. UP Ice Ponds, Evanston.
- June 17, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.-Take A Kid Fishing Day. Rock Springs Pond, Rock Spring.
If you're going to one of these events, you're encouraged to bring you own fishing rods if you can. Some events will have limited equipment available. You can find more information on each event on the local Game and Fish regional office’s websites.
To learn about more events for Free Fishing Day and other fun activities for families throughout the summer, you can contact the Regional Office near you.